Guide to Healthy Travel
Are you ready?
Finally, a primer with all the information you need to plan a healthy trip!
This guide, written by travel medicine practitioners Elaine C. Jong, MD, Anne C. Terry, ARNP, and Tullia Marcolongo, CTH, is consulted by countless travellers to prevent and treat common travel related illnesses.
Inside you’ll find:
- A pre-trip planning countdown timeline
- How to assemble your Travel Medicine Kit, including First-Aid supplies
- Details on over-the-counter and prescription medications
- Advice on when to seek medical care abroad and when you return
Have a quick peek! Here's a sample of advice on Altitude Illness.
You’ll also learn how to prevent and treat:
- Allergic Reactions
- Altitude Sickness
- Athlete's Foot
- Cold, Flu, Pneumonia and other respiratory ailments
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Headaches and muscle aches
- Insect bites and stings
- Jet Lag
- Motion Sickness
- MRSA Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Skin Infections
- Sun Exposure
- Water related illnesses
- Water Purification
- Yeast Infections