We are very pleased to include more doctors providing trusted medical care abroad to serve you better. IAMAT members now have new or additional coverage in the following cities:
- Antigua, Guatemala
- Athens, Greece
- Berlin, Germany
- Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Danang, Vietnam
- Derrygonnelly, N. Ireland
- Edmonton and Ottawa, Canada
- Iquitos, Peru
- Kandy, Sri Lanka
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kriel, South Africa
- Ludhiana, India
- Millsboro (DE) and Aptos (CA), USA
- Moscow, Russia
Here are just a few reasons why our affiliated doctors and mental health practitioners are different:
- They speak English fluently. You won’t have to go through a medical translator to communicate your health concerns.
- They are vetted by our organization and clinics are inspected to ensure they meet international health standards.
- They volunteer to be part of our network because they are committed to helping travellers; they do not pay a membership fee to join, allowing us to maintain strict ethical standards.
Here’s what long time travellers Gene and Jean B, of Edmonton told us:
We have travelled quite a lot and have used your valuable information several times. We have also made use of the Doctors’ handbook to locate English speaking doctors. We have used IAMAT several times over the years in Greece, Malaysia, Morocco, Vietnam, and Hong Kong. It is very reassuring to have IAMAT’s list of doctors with us when we travel as we are usually away for a long time.
Next time you travel, consider accessing the services of an IAMAT doctor that you can trust. Our role is to help relieve some of your stress and to provide moral support from afar so you don’t have to worry about the care you receive abroad.
Wishing you a great summer from all of us at IAMAT!
Photo by Kurhan courtesy of stock.xchng.com.