The role of the Member Services and Administrative Coordinator is to coordinate IAMAT’s membership program and office administration. You represent IAMAT by phone and email in a highly professional manner to members, prospective members, and stakeholders. You also ensure the efficient operations of our workplace and provide insights on how to streamline existing processes.
The Member Services Coordinator works in a collaborative environment and is supervised by the Executive Director.
IAMAT’s Member Services and Administrative Coordinator is:
- Keen to provide a positive member and customer service experience.
- Committed to producing quality work and is attentive to detail.
- A self-starter; can work independently and takes initiative without being prompted.
- Confident to make good decisions and responsive to change.
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in collaborative environment.
- Committed to health promotion and working for a non-profit.
- At ease working in a small office setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Member and donor management:
- Coordinate all membership and donation processing, including creating and maintaining membership critical paths.
- Maintain custom-built membership and health network databases, ensuring that data and correspondence is accurate and up-to-date.
- Support members and stakeholders in locating travel health resources.
- Facilitate, design, and track direct mail fundraisers, including coordinating volunteers.
- Track and report membership data on a monthly basis.
2. Administrative functions:
- General office duties:
- Respond to general inquiries by phone and email; daily email triage, filing
- Prepare mailings for regular post and courier services
- Order office supplies, track publications inventory, and ensure that office equipment is in good working condition
- Communicate with contractors / vendors as needed
- Banking: prepare cheques for deposits, donation reports, and pay invoices. Prepare invoices for accounts receivable as needed.
- Develop and enhance office systems and protocols, including policies and procedures.
- Carry out specific projects as determined collaboratively by staff, including responding to urgent issues that may arise from time to time.
Skills and qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in administration related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in membership management and administrative capacity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MailChimp, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, and database management systems.
- Clear writing and excellent phone skills.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills; ability to remain focused and stay on deadline when working under competing priorities.
- Bilingual in French or another language.
- Knowledge of world geography and previous travel experience are an asset.
- Part-time, permanent position.
- Hours: 9:00am – 1:00pm, Monday to Friday
- Salary: $19,260
- Start date: February 5, 2018
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Member Services and Administrative Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: January 19, 2018
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IAMAT is an equal opportunity employer.